Friday, April 9, 2010

Writing, reading, and writing.

Reading "No One Belongs Here More Than You" rather depresses me a little. I am not entirely sure why. When I was on my way home walking to the bus stop, I thought 'Addictions are weaknesses.' I think depending is an active word, compared to being addicted. You can choose to depend on something or someone but to be addicted to something leaves not much choice. I want to be stronger but wish to be okay with being weak sometimes. I think admitting your weakness is a strength. I like testing myself. When I succeed in doing or not doing things for how ever short or long period, I feel in control. I often get frustrated when some things are not in control. School work is one of those "some things." I think I value them a lot but I do not invest equivalent time or effort on it. I wish to be efficient in doing what needs to be done but relaxed in doing things that I'd like to do. Writing is one of the things that I like to do. I have not been doing it for a very long time which is silly because I tend to forget things easily. When I do not record certain events or feelings, I forget that I ever felt/experienced it. In most cases, I'd rather write about something than to take a photo of something. I think it is because I feel more comfortable and confident expressing something in words than in a photograph. It might be due to my lack of photographing and drawing skills. Sometimes I have to write in English and sometimes I have to write in Korean. Sometimes, it doesn't matter what language I use. I do enjoy having an ability to write in two languages. It'd be lovely to be able to write in another language.





(+I found out that 1/3 of my pay was taxed. I was a bit shocked.)

No comments:

Post a Comment